Requirements for a Createspace coverage image:
6.5 inches wide X 4 inches high, 300 DPI, jpeg
- I scan an image (picture), save it as jpeg.
- Using MS Word, I insert it into a blank file.
- Using picture format – size it to 6.5X4
- Save image as doc.
- Print image
- Because I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A
- I scan the printed image
- Set dpi @ 300
- Crop out the white space
- Save it in MS Word as jpeg
- Direct Createspace to this saved image when using cover creator.
The author photo is done the same way.
The entire process takes a few minutes.